We are so grateful for your support of Fairlawn Avenue United Church.
If you are donating regularly our preferred method is through PAR – Pre-Authorized Remittance. With PAR your donation comes to Fairlawn monthly from your bank account. Find out about all the options for giving in the section below.
How to Give
Charitable Registration #10737 1676 RR0001
Through PAR (pre-authorized remittance) Your donation comes to Fairlawn monthly from your bank account or credit card. Even if you miss attending church from time to time, you won’t let us down!
Offering Envelopes vs. PAR
Instead of envelopes, consider PAR ~ it’s the same amount of money, but makes it so much easier and efficient for the church to handle. Make your gift count even more by avoiding the weekly handling costs. Sign up today ~ the PAR Application Form is available on the website, or at the back of the Sanctuary.
Note: Please do not pick up your envelopes if you plan on joining PAR this year. The envelopes can be re-issued to a new member for an additional cost saving to the church.
“Whether or not I attend regularly, my church has on-going commitments every week that need my offering. My church is important to me, and so is my financial commitment to its work. That is why I use the PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance) system to fulfill my commitment.”
If you have automatic debits going from your bank account or credit card, as most people do, to pay for insurance, cable TV, taxes, fuel, or mortgage, then you understand the PAR principle. It means regular contributions throughout the year, and it means convenience.
Many people use the PAR system for their church offering, finding it a convenient way to take care of their regular commitments to the church month by month. You can participate in this program.
Your account or credit card will be debited (charged) on or about the 15th of the month and your congregation’s account credited with the amount payable from all members who participate.
This program is administered by The United Church of Canada
How to get involved:
- Decide the amount of your monthly offering.
- Print and fill in the PAR Application Form
- Attach a sample cheque from your account marked “Void”
- Give to the church office, mail, or place on the offering plate.
Advantages to the contributor:
- Regular support of your church in the amount that you choose.
- Continual support of your home church when you are away.
- Avoidance of “catch-up” periods.
Advantages to the congregation:
- Regular, dependable flow of contributions.
- Reduction of paperwork and bookkeeping.
- Reduction in bank overdrafts.
White laminated cards, found at the sanctuary doors, are available to put on the offering plate in place of envelopes.
For more information:
- To find out more from the United Church of Canada, go to:
- To find out more about the Fairlawn process:
Contact Heather de la Rua
Simplify your Fairlawn givings, manage cash flow and taxes more effectively.
Many employers have annual United Way campaigns and some even match contributions as well. Your donations to a workplace United Way campaign can be directed to the charity of your choice, such as your church, allowing you to fulfil the need to contribute to the workplace campaign and to direct your funds as you see fit. Donations are made from payroll, and tax statements are captured on your T4, simplifying your cash flow, and your taxes. Many of these campaigns run in the late fall – so mark your calendar! For more information go to www.unitedwaytyr.com/workplace-campaign or contact Nancy Elliott at ac.de1495681269tinue1495681269uneva1495681269nwalr1495681269iaf@y1495681269cnan1495681269.
A cheque, or a series of monthly post-dated cheques payable to Fairlawn Avenue United Church
We’ve made giving easy for you!
Here are several ways you can donate electronically by Credit Card directly to Fairlawn Avenue United Church:
- Easy Give Online
- On your mobile device, text the message fairlawnave to 77977
– see video
- Scan this QR (quick response) code with your mobile device — Or search ‘Fairlawn Ave’ on your app store (Google Play Store or iTunes App store.)
(Note: To scan this QR code, you must open your QR reader on your mobile device. To get a QR reader, go to your app store, search for and install a free QR reader.)
- Donate Online through Fairlawn InFellowship, our online community
Designate your Donation
Whether you give by cheque, envelope, PAR, online donations, or through a donation of securities, you can designate your donation to one or more of following funds:
- Local Church Expenses covers staff salaries, maintenance of property, adult and Children’s Christian Education, office administration, church expenses including paid choir section leaders.
- Embrace Action Fund – Designate your Embrace Action donation in general, or to one or more of the following projects:
Boarding Homes Ministry,
CRC 40 Oaks in Regent Park,
Food Bank Support,
Refugee Sponsorship Project,
- Special Music Fund – this fund supports special music events, but does not cover the music for regular Sunday services.
- Mission and Service Fund – all contributions are forwarded monthly to the United Church of Canada’s Mission & Service Fund to support the work of the wider church in Canada and overseas.
More ways to help at Fairlawn
Purchase of Retail Gift Cards
- from over 60 vendors
- a significant percentage of each gift card goes to Fairlawn
- at no additional expense to you!
- Contact Allan Hux and Denise Graham, or see them every Sunday at Coffee Hour.
Donate Clothes and Household Items
Donate household items and warm clothing for adults. Find out more at CRC 40 Oaks in Regent Park, and contact the “Clothes for Friends” program coordinator, Carolyn Clark.
Learn about some of the many ways to volunteer at Fairlawn.