Find out more about volunteering at Fairlawn:
- Volunteer Opportunities for Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities with Fairlawn’s Ministries
- Volunteer Opportunities with Fairlawn’s Capability Councils
- Volunteer on the Transition Team
- Volunteer with Taking The Call Forward
Already know what you’d love to do?
- Please fill out our Volunteer Form
Join one of our three ministries as a volunteer
Being involved in the social justice and outreach activities of Fairlawn’s Embrace Action Ministry is how we live our Faith.
- List of Volunteer Opportunities with Embrace Action at Fairlawn
- Overview of volunteering with our Embrace Action Ministry
- Volunteer Form to signup with Fairlawn’s Embrace Action Ministry
The Explore Spirituality Council is responsible for creating and refining programs that provide the congregation and visitors – of all ages – with opportunities to experience and explore their spirituality in many ways.
- List of Volunteer Opportunities with Explore Spirituality at Fairlawn
- Overview of volunteering with our Explore Spirituality Ministry
- Volunteer Form to signup with Fairlawn’s Explore Spirituality Ministry
Experience Belonging volunteers get involved in activities where they lend a hand, establish meaningful connections or simply enjoy the company of other people.
- List of Volunteer Opportunities with Experience Belonging at Fairlawn
- Overview of volunteering with our Experience Belonging Ministry
- Volunteer Form to signup with Fairlawn’s Experience Belonging Ministry
Join one of our capability councils as a volunteer
From rentals to repairs, the Property Council deals with everything that affects the building.
Overview of volunteering with our Property Council
Ministry and Personnel Council
The Ministry and Personnel Council works to ensure that healthy relationships exist between staff, and between staff and members of the congregation.
Overview of volunteering with our Ministry and Personnel Council
Finance and Stewardship Council
The Finance and Stewardship Council is responsible for the management of Fairlawn Avenue United Church’s funds.
Overview of volunteering with our Finance and Stewardship Council
- Volunteer Form to signup with one of Fairlawn’s Capability Councils
Volunteer on our Transition Team
We are looking for 2-3 more people to be a part of the Transition Team, or who have an interest in working on one of our focus areas, such as the Listening Project, which is seeking to “nurture a culture of conversation” at Fairlawn Avenue.
- Overview of volunteering with our Transition Team
- Volunteer Form to volunteer with Fairlawn’s Transition Team
Taking The Call Forward
This next phase in The Fairlawn Call, called Taking the Call Forward, will help us to identify the top unmet needs within our congregation and our community to help more people connect with what matters in life.
- List of Volunteer Opportunities with Taking the Call Forward
- Volunteer Form to signup with Taking The Call Forward
Already know what you’d love to do?
Please fill out our Volunteer Form
Volunteer Opportunities for Sundays
Please email Joanne Christie ac.de1566339733tinue1566339733uneva1566339733nwalr1566339733iaf@e1566339733nnaoj1566339733, Fairlawn’s Church Administrator; or call 416-481-6848 x 21 to get involved with our Sunday opportunities. Some of these include:
Scripture readers for church services
Develop your spiritual connection to the church by reading out the scripture passage for the service. Speak publicly in front of a welcoming and receptive crowd.
Video and Sound Booth Operators
We are looking for a few people to train on our Video and/or Sound Booth Systems to volunteer on Sunday mornings during the church service. No prior experience required, just willingness to learn how to push the right buttons. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact the Congregation Engagement Manager
Please join us to explore this fun and important ministry opportunity!
Enjoy fellowship and conversation along with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Click here to help out at Coffee Hour for one or more Sundays, for either Setup or Cleanup.
Nursery on Sunday morning
Volunteer to help out in the Nursery one (or more) Sunday mornings
*Note: A vulnerable sector police check is required (must be dated within the last 3 years)
Volunteers moving furniture to the apartment for the Syrian refugees, our new Canadian family!