Fairlawn’s Vision: God is calling us to be a welcoming, vibrant and growing church for our community
Fairlawn’s Mission: We help people Connect with what Matters in Life through our ministries of Explore Spirituality, Experience Belonging and Embrace Action
Our core belief: We are connected to God and each other by love
These are fundamentals to Fairlawn and remain as true today as they did when we first defined them. Our three Ministries bring The Fairlawn Call to life. It is a covenant that we live every day.
Governing Council Principles to our Goals
Goals are informed by congregational input and largely created and brought to life by our three Ministries. Governing Council will:
- Support ministries to enhance community engagement and vibrancy
- Be responsible stewards of Fairlawn’s resources
Fairlawn Goals for 2018
- Hire, welcome and support the Transition Minister (as per the Visiting Team report)
- Address cultural issues at Fairlawn (as per the Visiting Team report)
- Increase the profile of the Embrace Action Ministry to help deepen relationships internally and externally
- Support our new Director of Church Operations and her staff to succeed
- Develop rental revenue strategies and pursue other revenue-creating ways such as events and grants
We are thankful for the gifts of our entire church community – our staff, lay leaders and all congregants – in coming together to do God’s Will as we continue to bring The Fairlawn Call to life.