We provide a safe space for you to explore your spirituality. Join us every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. – or any time during the week – as we explore our spirituality through our YouTube service of prayer and reflection. Invite your children aged 5 and up, to join our fun filled Spirit Space for Kids! online Sundays from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. Check other options below to see what else we offer that can help you connect with your spirit.
Reflection with Rev. Douglas duCharme
Sundays at 10:30 a.m., we still gather online to worship. You can also enjoy our YouTube service any time during the week – and even check out previous weeks.
• You can attend our YouTube service with prayers and reflection. During our brief service, we explore what it means to be a spiritual person in today’s world and ask some of the big questions that arise in our daily lives, especially in this challenging time.
• When you’re checking out the worship video, you can also scroll down below it to enjoy some outstanding music that will enhance your worship experience.
• You can also listen to previous Fairlawn Sermons – and even replay a favourite.
Spirit Space for Kids!
Sundays, from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m., we are staying in touch with our Fairlawn children through Zoom. We engage children, aged five and up, through lively chat and fun activities.
Sundays, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m., we gather for a facilitated discussion on the Sunday worship reflection.
It offers a stepping-stone to help us explore some different ways of experiencing faith and spirituality in our current situation. Many of us are finding that, in the midst of this ongoing pandemic experience, we’re hearing the biblical stories, and thinking about our spirituality, in new ways, and you’re welcome to join us to make meaning from this shared experience.
Click here if you’d also like to discuss faith in turbulent times.
Wednesdays, from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m., we gather on Zoom to reflect on the experience of social and physical isolation as part of the spiritual solitude that faith communities have cultivated throughout the centuries.
We take time to check-in, share experiences, and pray for the Fairlawn community, those who are close to our hearts, and this wounded world during the pandemic.
Everyone is welcome to join the circle.
Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., we still gather on Zoom for Christian meditation.
If you have not participated in the past, but would like to, please email the moderator, Patrick Sullivan, at before the meeting to get the Zoom login. He can add you to the list as he regularly sends the login information to attendees.
Spirituality Groups and Discussions
• Spirituality Discussions: We provide a safe space on Zoom for everyone to explore spiritual questions and learn new practices. Please check Fairlawn’s Current Activities to see what’s coming up or being hosted now. Everyone is welcome to join.
• Men’s Group: On the first Monday morning of each month (except July and August), you can join our Men’s Group on Zoom for a time of comradeship and discussion. The wide-ranging conversations offer men a chance to discuss issues of mutual interest.
• Women’s Spirituality: We have two women’s spirituality groups where up to 12 women meet monthly to contemplate life’s big questions and support each other.
Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals
• Baptisms: The United Church offers baptism to people of all ages.
• Weddings: Fairlawn performs all marriages allowed by the Ontario government, including same-sex marriages. Our staff will consult with you on how we can help you celebrate your cultural and spiritual background for this special occasion. While our building is currently closed, we follow Toronto Public Health guidelines re gathering size in other locations if you’d like an offsite wedding.
• Funerals: While our building is currently closed for funeral and memorial services, we follow Toronto Public Health and The United Church of Canada guidelines. These allow the minister and immediate family go gather for a graveside interment services, in coordination with the funeral home and cemetery.
Please click here to send an email to our church office for details on how we can help.