Connecting and Strengthening our Fairlawn Relationships during the Pandemic
It’s Easy with Fairlawn Zoom!
Do you have a hobby that you’d like to share with others who may be similarly minded? What about a topic that interests you?
The idea is to organize an informal get-together with current and new Fairlawn friends to enjoy time together.
The sky and your imagination are the limit. It could be a serious discussion about climate change and how to make a difference, sharing favorite recipes, or talking about your ancestors and favorite whisky.
It’s easy with Fairlawn Zoom! Here’s how:
If you aren’t sure how to use Zoom, there are a variety of tutorials available, including:
Some suggestions for making the best of your time together:
- 60 minutes is generally considered optimal for virtual get-togethers, although you can adjust the length of your meetings to suit your group.
- As these are generally informal chats, there is no need for a leader or expert unless you determine it would be helpful.
- It helps to set out some guidelines initially regarding engaging. For example:
- muting the microphone when not speaking helps to ensure the sound is as clear as it can be;
- start with an initial go-around so everyone can contribute; and
- assign a time-keeper so all have a chance to speak and you avoid one or two taking over the discussion.
- As one of the purposes of these Zoom conversations is to get to know one another better, consider having between four and ten people for your group.