Reflection and Readings
On Sundays at 10:30 a.m., we still gather online to worship and explore what it means to be a spiritual person and ask some of the big questions that arise in our daily lives. You can also enjoy our YouTube service any other time – and even check out previous weeks.
• While you’re checking our worship video, you can also scroll below it to enjoy the music that will enhance your worship experience.
• You can also listen to previous Fairlawn Sermons – and even replay a favourite.
Spirit Space for Kids!
We are currently looking at a variety of options for our children’s programming. In the meantime, the Spirit Space for Kids! Sunday program is on hold.
Wednesdays, from 12:30 to 1 p.m., we gather on Zoom to check in, share experiences, and offer our prayers, for those we know and the wider world in this time. Everyone is welcome!
Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., we gather on Zoom for Christian meditation.
Spirituality Groups and Discussions
• Spirituality Discussions: We provide a safe space on Zoom for everyone to explore spiritual questions. Please check Fairlawn’s Current Activities to see what’s on now or coming up soon. Everyone is welcome.
• Men’s Group: On the first Monday morning of each month (except July and August), you can join our Men’s Group on Zoom for a time of comradeship and discussion. The wide-ranging conversations offer men a chance to discuss issues of mutual interest.
• Women’s Spirituality: We have two women’s spirituality groups where women meet monthly to contemplate life’s questions and support each other.
• Advent by Candlelight: On the first Monday evening in Advent, we hold an evening for women of all ages to connect with others in small groups and enjoy a thoughtful service. They can also donate to Fairlawn’s Red Door Family Shelter Holiday Gift Drive. Check here to register and learn how to donate.
Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals
• Baptisms: The United Church offers baptism to people of all ages.
• Weddings: Fairlawn performs all marriages allowed by the Ontario government, including same-sex marriages. Our staff will consult with you on how we can help you celebrate your cultural and spiritual background for this special occasion. While our building is currently closed, we follow Toronto Public Health guidelines re gathering size in other locations if you’d like an offsite wedding.
• Funerals: While our building is currently closed for funeral and memorial services, we follow Toronto Public Health and The United Church of Canada guidelines. These allow the minister and immediate family go gather for a graveside interment services, in coordination with the funeral home and cemetery.
Please click here to send an email to our church office for details on how we can help.